Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
JAKP (Jurnal Kebijakan dan Administrasi Publik), with registered number ISSN 2301-4342 (print), online (in Process) is a scientific journal published by the Laboratory of Public Administration of the Faculty of Social and Political Sciences of Andalas University. This is a national journal that covers the issue of public administration and public policy. The purpose of this journal publication is to disseminate conceptual thinking or ideas and results of research that have been achieved in the fields of administration of policy and public.
JAKP Online (Jurnal Kebijakan dan Administrasi Publik) was published in print in 2011, which then improves to be published online on January 2019. The JAKP editorial board invites you to submit your manuscript for publication in this journal.
- How to Write the Title, Name, and Address of the Author
The title of the manuscript must be written at the top of the first page with a middle text alignment. Meanwhile, the name of the author (without an academic degree), and the address of the author's affiliation, must be written with the alignment of the middle text and below the article title. The author must give two line spaces between the title and the name of the author. Then, the space between the author's affiliate address and the abstract title is one space. Keywords must be written below the overall abstract for all words. It must be arranged in alphabetical order and separated by semicolons with a maximum of three to seven words. In addition, the title of the article written in Indonesian must also be stated in English (see example above).
The author who is responsible, the correspondence author, or the appropriate author must be written first and then followed by the second, third, and so on. Communication regarding the revision of the article and final statement will be informed by email to the correspondence author only. If there are more than one author, the author's name must be written separately by comma (,). If the author's name consists of at least two words, the first name cannot be abbreviated. If the author's name is only one word, it must be written as is. However, in the online version it will be written in two words with the same name repeatedly for the purpose of indexing metadata. (Camdali and Tunc, 2006; Fridman, 2008).
- General Guidelines for Manuscripts
The general guidelines for text manuscript are as follows:
Manuscripts are the results of authentic research that have not been published in other publication media or publishers.
- The manuscript is written in Indonesian with standard language. The manuscript must be written as an existing template. This manuscript is written on A4 (210x297 mm) paper, with special margins as follows: left 2.5 cm, right 2.0 cm, bottom 2.0 cm and 3.0 cm above, theme font Time New Roman, font size 12pt, and 1.5 lines - distance.
- The manuscripts is typed using the Microsoft Word program on A4 paper, around 6,000-7,000 words including numbers, tables, and references.
- The manuscript does not contain elements of plagiarism. The editorial board will immediately reject the text that indicates plagiarism. We use plagiarism software to check your manuscript.
- The manuscript that has been written in accordance with the JAKP guidelines (in MS Word format, with the appropriate article place) can only be sent via the Online Submission System using the Open Journal System (OJS) on the JAKP journal portal (http: // http: //jakp.fisip .unand.ac.id). Then, register as an author.
- Guidelines and templates for writing manuscript articles can be downloaded. Templates and guidelines for writing articles are available in MS Word (.doc) format.
- Online submission manuscripts can be seen in the online submission guidelines section below.
- The manuscript that is not in accordance with the JAKP writing guidelines will be returned to the author prior to the review process.
- The manuscript must contain several aspects of the scientific article as follows: (subtitle as the order), namely: (a) article title, (b) author's name (no academic degree), (c) author affiliated address, (d) author's email (e) abstracts and keywords, (f) introduction, (g) research methods, (h) research findings and discussions, (i) conclusions, (j) recognition, (k) references.
- Subtitles included in the discussion section (Introduction, Methods, Findings and Discussions, and Conclusions) should not be numbered. Subtitles are written in bold and title format. This uses left text alignment without underscores. The next expanded subtitles must be in bold and sentence format, must use left text alignment and the second level numbering format.
- Words from foreign languages are expressed in Italic format.
- Every paragraph starts 1.0 cm from the left side border while there are no spaces between paragraphs. All numbers are written in Arabic numbering format, except for new sentences.
- Tables and images are placed in a text group after the referenced table or image. Each picture must be given a description and source below the image and given a number in the Arabic numbering format followed by the title of the image. Each table must be given a table title (Table Caption) and given a number in the Arabic numbering format above the table followed by the table and source titles below the table. Image attachments must be guaranteed to be printed well with black and white ink (font size, resolution, and line space clearly visible). Images, tables, and charts must be placed in the middle between groups of texts. If it has a larger size, it can be placed in the middle of the page. Tables may not contain vertical lines, while horizontal lines are only allowed for important points.
- Guidelines for Texts of Manuscript’s Body
Title of the manuscript: The title must be informative and briefly and clearly written, not multi-interpretive, it must be right with the problem to be discussed. The initial word is written in capital letters and is symmetrical. Article titles do not contain unusual abbreviations. The main ideas must be written first and followed by its explanation. The article title must be written in twelve words, the font size is 14pt, with a thick choice and in the middle text format.
Abstract: Abstract is written in 2 languages, Indonesian and English, a maximum of 250 words and followed by three to seven keywords and arranged alphabetically. Abstract must contain research objectives, methods, results, conclusions, and limitations (optional). Abstract is written in 1 space and 12 fonts size Times New Roman.
Introduction: The introduction must contain the general background and the latest literature review as the basis for new research questions, statements of new scientific articles, major research problems, and hypotheses. At the end of the introduction, the purpose of writing the article must be stated. They must be represented in a literature review to show brand new scientific articles.
Method: The method explains how research is conducted, including research design, data collection, research instruments and analytical methods. This section must be told in detail and clearly.
Findings and Discussion: This section consists of the results of the study and how they are discussed. The results obtained from the research must be supported by adequate data. The results of the research and findings in the field must be the answers to research hypotheses or research questions stated earlier in the introduction.
Conclusion: This is the last section that contains conclusions, limits, and recommendations. The conclusion will be the answer to the hypothesis or research question, the purpose of research and research findings. Conclusion does not only contain repetition of results and discussion. It must summarize the results of the study as expected by the author in the purpose of the research or hypothesis. Research limitations and recommendations contain shortcomings in research and suggestions related to further ideas from the study.
Awards: Thank-you note and appreciation addressed to those who support research (sponsors and respondents). No awards for family, colleagues, and research supervisors.
References: All references used in the manuscript must be listed in this section. In this section, all references used must be taken from the main source (scientific journals and at least 80% of all references) published in the last ten years. Every manuscript must have at least ten references.
- Guidelines for Citations and References
All data or citations presented in manuscript taken from other authors' articles must attach reference sources. References must use reference application management such as Mendeley, End Note, or Zotero. The format of writing used in JAKP (Jurnal Administrasi dan Kebijakan Publik) follows the format applied by APA 6th Edition (American Psychological Association).
- Guidelines for Sending Manuscripts in the Network
The manuscript must be submitted by one of the two systems (preferred procedure):
- Documents must be sent through the Online Submission System at the portal of Jurnal Administrasi dan kebijakan Publik.
- First, the author must register as an author or reviewer (choose the role as author or reviewer) in "Register".
- After the registration step is complete, enter as an author, click "New Submission". The article submission stage consists of five stages, such as: (1). Start, (2). Uploaded Posts, (3). Enter Metadata, (4). Upload Additional Files, (5). Confirmation.
- In the "Start" column, select the Journal Section (Full Article), check all checklists.
- In the column of "Upload Submission", upload the manuscript file in MS Word format in this column.
- In the colum of "Enter Metadata", fill in all author and affiliate data. Including Journal Titles, Abstracts, and Indexing Keywords.
- In the column of "Upload Additional Files", the author is allowed to upload additional files, statement letter, or others.
- In the column of "Confirm", if the data you entered is correct, then click "Finish Send".
- If the author has difficulties in the process of sending through the online system, please contact the JAKP editorial team at email@example.com or at firstname.lastname@example.org